Thursday, June 26, 2008

Movie Review: The Incredible Hulk


I was excited to see this movie as I had just seen Iron Man about a week ago and was in quite the "super hero" mentality. This movie basically picks up where the last Hulk movie left off, with some new characters thrown in. The movie's action scenes were decent but the plot-line was only mediocre at best. I never really knew what the "goal" of the movie was or how the movie went from start to finish. It was a little "herky jerky" for me.

Liv Tyler was entertaining in her role as Betty Ross while Edward Norton seemed just thrown into the role at times. I thought William Hurt was the best of all the actors in the movie and really had me convinced he was some sort of super military "bad-ass". There really wasn't a large amount of characters in the movie and most of the time was spent following Bruce Banner around as he attempted to escape capture.

The end of the movie was well worth the price of admission as Robert Downey Jr. made a cameo as Tony Stark/Iron Man in order to hype up a sequel which should be coming in the next few years. I mentioned before here that I thought there would be some type of Avengers sequel and it seems Marvel is going to go full steam ahead with that.

No comments: